Monday, June 02, 2014

It was 2005... the beginning of 'Just the Two of Us'

It's been 9 years since I decided to end my marriage and brought up my daughter all by myself.

I'm not going into the detail of why I ended it. To me, what happens next is way more interesting.

It was 2005. Yvette, my daughter was only 5 years old that time. She is now 14 years old, a big girl.....well......almost. She's a teenager.....adolesence.......aarrgghhh...... *sigh*

She was already at Kindergarten at that time. We just enrolled her for about 2 months when I decided to tkae her out of the school and move her to another school.

I feel pretty lucky that the school approved my proposal to get my enrollment fee back. Well, at least I got 50%  from the total. I'm badly need the money so I can move her to a different school in the area where I decided to move to.

From Cibubur, we move to Depok. We rent a house, a really small house. We have to went here and there using public transportation, looking for the new school. I feel sad and sorry for her. She was so little, I believe she was tired that she had to follow me everywhere, but then, it was only us, just the two of us. I had to take her everywhere.

Other than that, I want her to feel happy with whichever school that we're going to choose.

After some long days and a very detailed calculation with our financial, I decided to choose this kindergarten near to our new rented house. It was a Catholic based school. Although we're Moslem, I saw that this school has a good environment and best teachers amongst others that we've been surveyed to.

There goes my saving...for her school. I have to start on another struggle. Trying to find a job. While I haven't had one, I got income from selling hand painted t-shirt, I did some catering service as well. There was once when my daughter's school was going to have an outside gathering, I offer them if I can provide the hand painted t-shirt for the kids uniform. Thank God they accept it.

I also provided the catering service whenever they have an event in the school. I got help from my Mom and Dad, they're just awesome. Until I finally got a permanent job in May 2005. It was such a relieve.

I hired a house maid to accompany my daughter to school and to take care of her when I'm in the office. Mom & Dan are still visiting us once in a while to supervise the new maid. It's just that I didn't know that my Mom was already sick that time. She had breast cancer. She passed away a year latter in 2006. :( . No wonder she often looked tired when she's in my house, but she didn't tell me what happened. She usually just said "oh my God, it's so hot outside, I'm dizzy, I need to take a rest."

You know, I can get carried away by this...I got too emotional whenever I talked about my Mom. It's just so sad...I feel like I made her condition got even worst that time by having her to took care of us while she's the one who actually needed to be taken care of. I'm sorry Mom.... ;((

I guess that's it for now. I'll try to post some more during my free time some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment