Monday, June 09, 2014

2006....mourning yet confidently crawling

I hope you have read the story in my other writing, where I had to struggle in 2005 at the same time I lost my beloved Mom in 2006.

Yes, 2006 was a big mourning period for me. I lost my Mom on 11 March 2006. She struggled hard to get cured from her sickness, stadium 4 of breast cancer. Until today, I always been haunted by the tought that I was the one whose making her condition's worst. She was sick, she still had to took care of us, me and my daughter. She must had not just physically tired, but I must had put a lot of burden to her mind.

Despite of all this mourning and lost, other part of my life was just about to have a promising period. Yes, I got a job.

My background was from hospitality industry, I have a lot of friends in that industry who were willing to give me a job. But I really cannot take it since hotel work has to be on a shift, while I was looking for an office hour job so I can be with my daughter at night.

Thank God, not long after my searching, there's a BIG local Oil company who was interested in my CV.

I was 34 that time. it wasn't  really an easy time for someone to get a job at that age. I was accepted as a Receptionist. My other colleague was those young girls at their early 20s..oops...there's even one girl at age 19.

I am having a hard time adjusting with this new job thing. I have been vacuum for almost 6 years. And when I have to go back to work, I have to be in a very different working environment compare to the one that I used to work with, in a hotel industry.

After working for a short period, I got another offer from a friend of mine. The post was as a Secretary, a better job with a better salary. So I took it. Move to a new company. It was an International School.

With this new income, I was able to manage to have some saving. Yes, I had to have it. My daughter will be enrolling to the elementary school very soon.

We, Me & Yvette, start to have a better life.

I think the point is that I always been grateful and thankful to whatever I got from Allah SWT.

Until my next writing... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment